As of Thursday, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the world’s largest statue, the âStatue of Unity,â everything is set to become a major tourist destination in Gujarat.
As of Thursday, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the world’s largest statue, the âStatue of Unity,â everything is set to become a major tourist destination in Gujarat. And, the state’s tourism department has already put the arrangements in place to make it one of the top attractions for tourists ahead of the winter vacation.
The scenic surroundings of the Satpura and Vindhyachal hills as well as the mighty Narmada River provide a perfect view of the statue, which is built on an island. Its proximity to the Sardar Sarovar dam is like icing on the cake.
Photo gallery | Statue of Unity: Fascinating images of the tallest statue in the world, India’s ode to Sardar Patel
Here are the five things you should look for when visiting the statue-
– The Statue of Unity is open to the public every day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can book tickets on site or buy them online. Online reservation of tickets for the statue begins this Saturday.
– Entrance for children under 3 years old is free and for all others, the ticket is at the price of Rs 350 per person. Entrance fees are included in a package that includes entry to the Observation Deck, Valley of Flowers, Sardar Patel Memorial, Museum and Audiovisual Gallery, Statue of the Unit and at the Sardar Sarovar dam.
Read also | Statue of Unity vs Statue of Liberty: Highlights
– Always a cheaper option, the basic entry ticket includes a visit to the Valley of Flowers, the Sardar Patel Memorial, the Museum and Audiovisual Gallery, the Statue of Unity site and the Dam of Sardar Sarovar. The entrance ticket costs Rs 120 for adults and Rs 60 for children under 15 years old.
– The Statue of Unity doesn’t disappoint selfie enthusiasts either. The statues complex has a separate selfie point that allows you to get a good view of the statue and its pristine surroundings. Visitors will also be treated with a laser, sound and light show. The show is based on the unification of India during the post-independence period.
– There is a bridge to reach the statue from the mainland and a boat ride is also available to reach Sadhu Bet Island.
Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay up to date with the latest news and updates from Biz.