CLICK HERE if you are having trouble viewing these photos on a mobile device
We thought the Eiffel Tower was amazing, but it’s perfectly fine if you found it just meh.
It happens to everyone at least once in their travel life. You save and look forward to that great trip only to be disappointed by (insert much talked about tourist attraction here). Or maybe the trip to the famous big spot – think the Great Wall of China, Macchu Pichu in Peru – took away the joy of the destination.
Luggage storage specialist Stasher decided to aggregate the tons of judgmental data on the subject and rank the world’s most valuable and overrated attractions based on reviews from TripAdvisor, Google and Booking.com. They added data calculating the accessibility and safety of these attractions. And then classified them in an index of tourist attractions.
According to Stasher, the world’s most overrated tourist attraction is — wait for it — Southern California’s Hollywood Walk of Fame. What? Find 2,538 stars encased in concrete on a busy street teeming with street vendors and captivating tour guides? No judgement.
Machu Picchu in Peru rounds out the top five, followed by Hong Kong’s Ocean Park, Hong Kong Disneyland and, in fifth place, Everland in South Korea.
That leaves only one thing to divulge: Stasher’s best tourist attractions in the world – the ones almost everyone can agree on are fabulous and memorable. Here are the top 10:
- Spain Square, Seville, Spain
- Matterhorn, Valais, Switzerland
- Puy du Fou, Les Epesses, France
- Cordoba Mosque, Cordoba, Spain
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- The Blue Lagoon, Iceland
- Acropolis, Athens, Greece
- Hungarian Parliament Building, Budapest, Hungary
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee/North Carolina, USA