Switzerland is considered “heaven on earth”. Its snow-capped mountains touching the sky, verdant gardens, exquisite flora and fauna, mouth-watering delights and adventurous activities make it the ultimate tourist destination. This article will guide you through some of the most exciting and famous sights in Switzerland.
The Swiss Alps are one of the most scenic mountain ranges in the world and Glacier 3000 offers the perfect view. It offers a range of exciting and fun activities for all tourists. On a clear day, tourists can see about 24 mountain peaks from Glacier 3000. These include famous peaks like Mont Blanc, Dufourspitze (the highest mountain in Switzerland) located at a height of 4634m.
Glacier 3000 and Gstaad, a tourist hotspot, are nearby. The name ‘Glacier 3000’ means that it is a glacier and the mountain peaks rise to 3000 m. Here are some fun and adventurous activities you can do at Glacier 3000.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Glacier 3000 derives its ski and snowboarding region from the ski mountaineering of Gstaad. Although it’s quite small with only 30 km of slopes, it offers wonderful views that make it a must-do activity. These activities are available in this region from November to May every year.
2. Peak Walk by Tissot: This is the flagship activity of Glacier 3000. Built in 2014, the Peak Walk is the only suspension bridge in the world that connects two mountain peaks. It is advised not to visit the place after heavy snowfall.
3. Glacier Walk: Glacier 3000 even offers you the unique experience of walking on glacial ice. It is a one hour walk and is open all year round. The path takes you to an authentic Swiss restaurant Refuge de’ for delicious cuisine.
4. Alpine Coaster: The Alpine Coaster is open from May to September and offers a totally different experience. It contains elements of adventure, risk and even fear. Composed of 3 jumps, 6 waves and 10 tight turns, the carousel can roll at a speed of 40 km/h.
5. Sled dogs: Hoping on sled dogs on snowy ice with a splendid view of the Alps is a beautiful romantic experience. Open from November to April, this activity is very popular and preferred by all tourists.
6. Snow Bus: This innovation is for people who want to explore and observe glaciers comfortably. It carries 20 people at a time and takes you through the whole region.
Harder Kulm Interlaken is a vantage point offering an extraordinary view of the city of Interlaken, Lake Thun, Lake Brienz and other famous sights. Located at 1322 m above sea level, the Harder Kulm was first opened in 1908. The place is easily accessible by cable car. Harder Kulm offers a variety of fun activities.
Hiking is a major attraction in Harder Kulm. Some famous hikes here include Interlaken, Elfenweg, etc. Another amazing place here is the Two Lakes Bridge which offers a panoramic view. On the right is Lake Thun and on the right Lake Brienz with Interlaken in the middle.
The Alpine Wildlife Park is located near the Interlaken valley station. The park has played a vital role in protecting ibexes and is also home to several other animals like marmots etc. Apart from this, Harder Kulm also has a children’s play area with fun rides and activities for children.
Harder Kulm also organizes a Swiss folk show from May to October which showcases authentic and traditional Swiss art and culture. Certainly, all these places are worth exploring, as they bring you the unique beauty and serenity of Switzerland.